I know we’re a few days early, but I think in order to meet my goal of getting August’s list up before midway through the month, I need to post this today.
This has been a crazy busy month – my project at work has consumed my life. Luckily, everything is going well, and should be finished in another 2 weeks. And I get a nice vacation in August as well. I’m looking forward to the time off more than the vacation itself. Of course, once I get back I’ll be right back to being too busy for words, but this is why it’s good that I still love my job, even after getting called in at midnight.
1. Work out 4x per week. Done!
I didn’t “step it up” for our beach trip, but I did manage to work out 4x per week. This is even with a last-minute trip to California to give a presentation, so I think I should just be proud that I didn’t gain 10 pounds from the stress of traveling and the glory of expensed meals.
2. Don’t eff up my project. Done!
It’s going awesome! I have been amazed that nothing has gone wrong, especially considering how complex this was. We had to coordinate with people from all over our campus, including people from other companies, as well as with people at different work sites all together. Somehow, we made it through the worst couple of days without any ill effects. There’s still 2 more weeks to go, but a coworker/friend/mentor already said he thinks I deserve a promotion for managing to coordinate it all. It’s way to early for me to get promoted again (I just got one two years ago when I transferred to DC), but it’s nice that he thinks I deserve one!
8 books. Done!
I still owe you guys a wrap up of all the books I read in June, and now I have a new list of 10 books (so far) for July. I will get this posted sometime in August! I’ve been trying to alternate “good” books with trashy books. I also have found that I can’t handle “good” books on airplanes – I need something simpler with a good plot to suck me in and make me forget that I’m stuck on an airplane for another 5 hours. Prepare to be underwhelmed.
4. Other little tasks to get done:
- Schedule eye doctor appointment. For serious this time. Done! Finally!
- Get gold flats repaired. Fail.
- Clean out our closet. Done! It looks so nice, and I fill 3 trash bags with old clothes (just my old clothes – none of D’s) to give to charity.
- Take photos of clothes to sell. Fail. They’re still in my closet.
- File expense report. Done! But of course due to my other trip, I now have another one that I need to file.
- Clean the apartment before D’s parents visit! So close! I keep getting sidetracked by things that need deep cleaning, like washing the outsides of the windows. Need to get this done!