1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on pedicures for my mom and me. It was her birthday this month, so we took a trip up to visit and to take her out for a little pampering. They’d just had a big snowstorm, so the spa was completely empty and we got to enjoy almost 3 hours just chatting and getting our toenails painted. (I went for OPI Jade is the New Black.)
2. Today I feel confident towards money. I found out that my company is still giving out bonuses this year, and they’ll actually be decent! This makes me wonder about raises, though, since they say that when bonuses are good, raises are not. We’ll see – I really can’t control that!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was spent Friday night just sitting in our friend’s apartment, sharing funny family stories with some new friends. One of my goals is to be more of a yes person, so I’m trying not to kneejerk a “no” on invites just because I’m tired and don’t want to change out of my sweatpants.
4. I will consider this week a success if I call the dentist. I failed on my January goal. I suck!
5. Right now I am reading The Book Thief, which has been on my “To Read” list since 2005. I’m only about 5 pages in, so I haven’t gotten a chance to form any opinions yet. By the way, thanks everyone for the recommendations! I’m already behind on my 50 books challenge, so it’s probably good to have the next few books lined up…