So far, I’ve done well with my no-shopping-until-April goal. I suspect this is mostly because every retailer is currently advertising like mad for spring, and the weather has been so ungodly cold recently that I have no interest in any item of clothing that isn’t a Slanket.
I do want/need a few new spring & summer items, though. My hot weather wardrobe was woefully inadequate last summer; I had somehow blocked out the fact that it would be 95 degrees and not the 75-80 degrees I was used to. This year, I need to add to the stopgap items I bought last year to tide me over!
Shopping Plan: Spring/Summer 2010
1. I do not need any new work pants.
2. I don’t need any skirts. I don’t wear most of the skirts I own.
3. I need some new work shirts. Preferably ones with whimsical prints and details, e.g.
(All shirts are from Anthropologie.)
(Old Navy, Gap, Old Navy)
4. Casual dresses. I have one dress from Anthro that I bought this past summer and I have worn it so many times through all sorts of weather. Most of my dresses are too stuffy for weekend wear, so I definitely want something I can just throw on.
(Old Navy, Anthropologie, Ruche)
5. Shorts. I bought 2 pairs of shorts last summer, and stupidly left my favorite pair in a NY hotel room after my bachelorette party. Shorts are necessary -sometimes it’s just too hot for jeans.
Is there anything you’re craving for this spring? Any particular items you’d like to tempt me with? Share them in the comments!