I accepted the job offer in Virginia, and I’ll be starting on June 26th!
We’re going to be out of town all next week, so this means we’ll have about 3 weeks to plan our road trip and get our asses out the door. My brain is swimming with all of the extra stuff we need to do.
- Tell my bosses (done and done! They are pissed, which may be the topic of a future post!).
- Tell my landlord (30-day notice required). We’re also going to check to see if she wants to buy our washer & dryer. Who knows if we’ll be able to use them in our new place…
- Cancel the newspaper.
- Call all the utilities about getting them shut off the day we leave.
- Decide when we want the movers to come. We’ll have to stay in a hotel if it’s before the last day, but that’s reimbursed by the company.
- Activate my corporate credit card.
- Start purging. The more we toss, the less we’ll have to unpack when we get our new place.
- Get married. For practical reasons, like healthcare & per diem rates.
I might be MIA part of next week since we’ll be travelling in PA and I might not bring my computer (a netbook would be so useful right now…).
Oh, and if you were planning a road trip across the country, what would you see (we’ll probably be taking a southern route that goes through New Mexico & the Bible Belt)? Leave your suggestions in the comments!